Sunday 4 August 2013

Tea and a potful of Memories

There is something to be said about thoughtful gifts (am not talking about fancy or expensive ones). Only someone who observes a lot about you or really has taken the effort to know you, will gift you a 'thoughtful' gift. One of the most thoughtful (and not to say pretty) gifts I have ever got is a cute tea pot & cup set from one of my favorite food bloggers & friend Ruchira Hoon. She is a journalist, a great cook & baker, recipe developer and most important of all, one of the most straight forward, bindass & humorous women I have come across. I have known her for only a year and it feels like I have known her forever.  
She gifted me this cute tea pot & cup set on my birthday; my first feeling was "how thoughtful ?". I love tea & it is may daily addiction, ritual & indulgence combined together. And she observed that and gifted me something which I would be able to enjoy daily. Every morning, when I brew my first cup of tea in this lovely pot, she is part of my good vibes too.

Ruchira is leaving India soon for a considerable amount of time and I am not happy to see her go. I want to be fed by her more(just had 2 opportunities), to talk & learn more about food from her and most of all, to enjoy her company. But, as she is happy to head where she is heading, I wish her all the best!!
Our group of foodie friends hosted a farewell get together last week and Ruchira, the kind & giving person that she is, came with a bagful of gifts for us. We had to pick from the bag & whatever we picked, was our gift of choice(literally!!). She also gave each one of us a personal hand written card, which we had to open when we got back home. In mine, she wrote how much she has loved being part of the food journey together. Same feelings girl!!!
So, what I picked for myself was this set of 2 cute glass jars.  I instantly knew what I would use them for - to keep my teas in. I have this quirk of collecting different varieties of teas (and of course having them) and then they would look so nice with the tea pot set. Here they are:-

So, along with the tea pot & cup, these 2 jars will be part of my daily tea ritual. Thank you Ruchira, for being just the way you are!! You make this world a funnier, delicious place :) You leave behind a potful (and jars full) of your wonderful memories for me.


I won't say farewell to you ~ Instead Au Revoire, until we meet again. You go girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment